Free Press Unlimited: Call for Applications from Armenia, Azerbaijan and Georgia
Free Press Unlimited is organizing an intensive course in multimedia storytelling for twenty-four young journalists working in the regions of Georgia, Armenia and Azerbaijan, conducted by four excellent (photo) journalists and documentary makers.
The course offers participants a unique opportunity to develop their multimedia storytelling skills, working on their own projects as well as on joint productions. The productions will focus on domestic issues as well as issues of regional relevance.
The participants will be challenged to have an open mind, to break stereotypes, to get inspired by ordinary events, making extraordinary stories worth sharing.
The programme consists of two intensive workshops organized in Tbilisi (September 3-7 and December 3-7) and on-line mentoring.
- Charles Kriel | multimedia storyteller
- Jack Janssen | documentary maker
- Onnik Krikorian | (photo) journalist
- Rena Effendi | photographer
From each country eight journalists are selected based on these criteria:
- Commitment to take part in the training, expressed through a motivation letter and two recommendations
- Some experience with photography / scriptwriting / storytelling, displayed through a sample of previous work
- Good working knowledge of the English language
- Working experience out of the capitals of the South Caucasus
- Commitment to work in a team that includes participants from all three countries
Participants will have all their expenses covered (travel and accommodation in September and December) and basic equipment will be provided when in Tbilisi.
Applications can be submitted to:
Deadline for applications is August 1, 2012.
The project is funded by the Royal Dutch Embassy in Tbilisi, Georgia.